The Correctional Officer Physical Ability Test (COPAT) evaluates your capacity to meet the physical demands of correctional services work. It is the occupational assessment used by the Solicitor General of Alberta in selecting candidates applying to Correctional Peace Officer positions.
Medical clearance required.
Applicants will be assigned a start time within the two hour window but must be available to attend anytime within this window.
Testing is subject to cancellation if registration is low.
- An email with test information and required forms will be emailed 2 - 4 business days after registration.
- A medical clearance form required.
- Withdrawal and online registration cut-off: Monday, March 18 at 12:30 p.m. by email to WelcomeDesk@MacEwan.ca. No refunds / transfers after this deadline without medical documentation.
- No shows will not be refunded. No exceptions.
- A confirmation email will be sent a minimum of 3 days before the test with the assigned start time. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to with all required paperwork and Google Forms completed. Specific times cannot be requested; applicants must be available for the entire testing window.
* Testing will be completed in 1 hour blocks with a maximum of 5 participants each hour. You will be emailed your testing time a minimum of 4 days prior.